Monday 7 November 2016

Week of 31/10/16

This week we focused a lot on our costume unit and continuing to block more scenes of WWRY.

In this rehearsal I feel we used a range of performance skills, we were able to do this as when off cast we act as the many chorus roles such as yuppies, GaGa kids and Bohemians. Today I was mainly a yuppie and officer, this required me to use characterisation to create a persona for these characters, as a group we decided that the yuppies were victims who the Killer Queen had already brain drained and had been mind washed into the Queens beliefs and so very robot like and soldier like, therefore we all had to be very slick and on form with one another but also we have to show we are not as important as Khashoggi or other characters so can't be too bold, we are just tools.

We worked a lot on creating the right atmosphere in the interrogation scenes using lighting and staging. I am finding it hard to keep up with the physical elements at the moment due to an injury so I feel I can't give my all within scenes as I am limited, making me not as in unison with the others, I am trying to improve this by working on my physio, so i can keep up with the others so I don't let the others down.

We worked on the Scaramocuhe and GaGa girls scene in which we are horrible to Scaramouche which enables the song Somebody to love, I am Teen Queen 3, we decided as a group that we were going to play them very essex like and stereotypical OMG kind of girls, this was fun and allowed us to play around a bit with it so we could get it good. Because they are still GaGa kids we said even though they'd all be slightly different in someway they would very much be in unison body movement wise so we do a lot of unison and mirroring of one another. To add to this by all going at scaramouch we emphasise the already bold point that she is an outsider, highlighting her importance within the story.


























In this lesson I learnt that discussing ideas as group allows you to create bigger ideas as well as all get the same understanding of what we are doing allowing us to all perform to our best and to portray it right.

When doing the yuppie sequence where we first see the Killer Queen, we have to sit all in a neutral position that is emotion void to give off the clone, robot feel I mentioned earlier, in this scene as yuppies we only have a few moments in which we move and make noise which is when we are reacting to KQ and Khashoggis conversation like gasping and laughing. As a group we struggled to portray these without giving to much emotion behind it so together we came up movements in which were robot like and suited the situation, very static and sharp movements with blank faces. This we had to run a few times so that we could get used to it, I came up with the suggestion that we create a more specific timing so we are really in unison or have a word that we move on this helped us to get it together more efficiently making us work more successfully as an ensemble within this section making it more effective as a whole.





I think our main problem of the lesson was that we were too eager and just trying to get through as many scenes as we could but this didn't allow us to create a effective and successful ensemble therefore, us talking more often and discussing one anthers ideas not only makes a more happy environment as everyone has their say but a more dynamic one, by the end of the lesson I think we overcame the problem and started to work really efficiently together.







No comments:

Post a Comment