Sunday 13 November 2016

week of 7/11

In this week we once again divided the time between costume and We Will Rock You.

When we were working on WWRY, in this lesson we blocked the second half of act one, this was a large section for my character so I was involved in a lot in this district. A lot of my scenes require a group of us so I was able to use many skills working as an musical ensemble as we worked on lightly blocking ensemble numbers.

The two main ensemble numbers we blocked in this lesson were I Want It All and Crazy Little Thing Called Love, As Brit and Meat have centric roles within these numbers Emily and I had to make sure we gave all our focus and energy into it because if we don't it will make everyone else feel like they don't have to, so we had to create the right atmospheres to make the numbers come alive and not drop.

Doing this required us to use a range of performance skills within the numbers, such as interaction - reaction as well as facial expressions. Especially with facial expressions as both songs have strong meanings and messages so using this skill adds dynamics to the performance also making it more understandable.

To add to this as our characters are the leaders of our 'pack' we influence the others characters a lot as they feed off of us so we set the mood and therefore demonstrate our leadership and status within the songs.

In this lesson I found building rapport and non-verbal communication with the other characters was quite challenging as I was mainly working with Emily on our sections and lines focusing on blocking our movements to work I will learn my lines and blocking for the scene so next time I can work on these ensemble skills more.

Even though these were the skills I found challenging I think my peer support and communication between blocking and in other scenes was effective as I had more of an understanding of the bohemian characters from seeing and studying the show before I could help them with characterisation and what certain people would do on simple scenes like sitting and improvising.

In this lesson I think my ensemble skill strengths were focus and commitment, I think I was really into this lesson making sure I was taking notes as well doing the blocking effectively infusing my character interpretation to make it more personalised.








No comments:

Post a Comment