Friday 3 March 2017

Jobs I would take to achieve my highest job - pab

I think I would work as a personal assistant for either the choreographer or the director.

Doing coffee trips and chasing files and all the other stereotypical jobs is normally the job everyone hates when depicted in films but its always been something that has interested me very much, taking it on as someones personal assistant is still a lot of responsibility as you have to learn about them and what they like, how their lives work and where you fit in to all of it and what they want you to do the majority of the time.

After working for them for a while I would hope to get promoted to make assistant assistant of either of the  kind of the roles, where you learn of the the higher role whilst still being in that place of an assistant but this time learning more and working at the same time. I think doing a job like this would hard to make time for auditions unless its only a weekday timetable in which you could try and fit classes and auditions in at the weekend. This is why I would take something I can continue to use to get to where I want to be in that situation.

Another one would be teaching at my local dance school teaching singing and drama, keeping my training going and staying active whilst still gaining money in which I could use for my in depth training in London at weekends as well as auditions if they arose. Something like this is effective when wanting to go in the performance pathway as it shows dedication as well as experience. I think that teaching is always a good thing to have under your belt whatever age or situation it is as it allows you to become more independent and organised.

Lastly I could work as a front of house in theatre near London or in London so I can still train and don't have to pay as much to commute saving money that I can the use for auditions and any other needs i require like kit and food. This would be one of the most sensible ideas and practical, as tallows me to keep on improving, saving money, making money and gaining more opportunities as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment