Thursday 2 March 2017

Non-performance opportunities - pab

Performance has been something I've been involved within my whole life so I find it difficult to think of myself in other domains outside of it as I don't have many other talents. However gibing it a think through I have come up with a few non-performance opportunities in which I would like to convey.

I have always had an interest in the marketing side of productions in theatre and film, I have always been in to art and designing so that side of the marketing is always something felt I would like to do If i were to journey down that path. They have so much control over the designs for the show, I would love to be apart of the merchandise designing or adverts like tv commercials/mini trailers, it really interests me as they are branding the show and their final designs are a big thing of what people will remember from whatever productions.

Another job I've always considered is cast directing, I've always seen it as a quite a slow job but they actually have more power than I thought they did initially. They still get involved with the movement work and the teams. They also get to create the real image for the production or company by deciding who they are as a group or end product. I was really interested into the research element of casting directors as they get all their information and then get to create the perfect cast for whatever production.

Producing was another situation that interested me within the theatre industry, they get to start it all really, creating the beginnings for everyone else and telling them where to start from.

No comments:

Post a Comment