Thursday 22 September 2016

20/09/16

In this lesson we were looking at our working as an ensemble unit, therefore we were looking at things such as teamwork and so on creating a mind map with what we felt created a good/successful  atmosphere and ensemble:




we then spoke about two we found we were bad at last year within our shows and two we were good at I chose that my two bad ones were :

Patience - I chose this because I have a very small patience and I like to get things done because I'm someone who likes to work so when people were messing around or hadn't learnt their lines I feel I lost it quite a bit.

Tolerance - this was my second and kind od links to my first choice because I have no patience my tolerance for people became very short very quickly and I had to keep my calm a lot because we didn't have time for anything other than rehearsal.

I feel these I can improve by helping those that need help and just keep doing what I'm doing if people aren't focusing on the tasks at hand.

My two I felt I was good at last year were:

Commitment - I feel (and I'm not saying this in a cocky way) that I put a lot into the show last year and I was at college a lot whether it was with production roles or people with their dance numbers or songs, because I feel you only get out what you put in and I wanted this to be the best it could be so I wasn't going to give only ten percent.

Determination - This was a very personal one but also in the group, as I was determined to be the best I could be so that the show could be the best it could be as I didn't want to let the others down, so I worked very hard on my dance number and my songs a lot so that I could nail them when the show came and I feel I did, hopefully everyone else does too.

After doing this we did some improvisation exercises as a group, I'm not a big fan of improvisation as I am a perfectionist when it comes to things like performing so I cringe at myself if I embarrass myself, I have been working on it a lot, I get told its probably a no self confidence thing however I do believe in myself I just cant seem to get 100 percent into improvisation. Although I did really enjoy doing the exercises with Sax.

Overall I think it was a good lesson, I think that my strengths were my input in discussions, my weaknesses would be anxiety and improvisation, to improve these I really need to get over the first to do the second to do this I will try and involve myself more with improve so that I become used to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment