Friday 30 September 2016

30/09/16 - Dance

In this lesson I was injured as I had pulled my hamstring the previous day. However in the lesson we had to set targets that were going to try and achieve throughout the lesson, obviously mine wouldn't be achieved by the end of the lesson so I created target i could accomplish over a longer time period.

My Target was to improve my strength and flexibility in my body and core so that as a result i able to control my movement more and with more ease. This would also help with my dynamics and stamina  as a consequence.

The ways in which i can do this are:

1. Knee fold Tuck - This is when you sit up right with a football sized ball between your knees you lift your knees holding the ball so they're parallel to the floor and then continue to raiser your knees towards your chest and back to the balance and repeating in a set of 15-20.

2. Side Balance Crunch - Starting in the position within the diagram below, you then pull your right knee and arm inward towards your body and then extend back out repeat this in a set of also 15-20.


These would really work on the core strength for overall body strength such exercises could be:

1. Working with resistance bands:



2. Push ups, sit ups, squats and pull ups:



and lastly for flexibility:

1. Butterfly stretch: This helps to lengthen the muscles within the inner thigh and groin.


2. toe touch and hold : This allows a dancer to stretch their back, legs, sides and arms giving an overall good stretch.


3. split leg hold : this lets the dancer use resistance pulling their leg down whilst pushing their leg against them before relaxing and pulling their leg further repeating.



No comments:

Post a Comment