Sunday 30 October 2016

S Club 7 Presentation Evaluation - 4/10/16

Our ensemble piece was based on the formation and success of S Club 7, as a group we discussed all the different aspects that created them.


Within this project I feel we all contributed quite equally, however I contributed by playing Rachel Stevens, for this I had to research her and find out information about her such as how old she was when the band was made, how she was put into the band, and more. I felt that my contribution was valuable to our piece because through my research I discovered other facts and information which affected the band as a whole such as how they were all brought together in more detail which then became the intro to our final performance.

Whilst doing my research on Rachel I found out a lot of other key information about the band which became usual within our final presentation. Throughout discovering all our personal information on the and we discovered how all they're personalities were so different, that somehow they had to work to be a successful ensemble.

As a group we really worked effectively listening to each others ideas on how we should structure the presentation, so we decided to make it more of like a short film documentary style so it had a bit of a story and was educational. This worked out really well in the end allowing us to learn more about the band and see everything they did and went through to become the and they are known for being!

For our performance I suggested the idea of starting it out with how they came into the band in their different sections as well as it being like an audition/rehearsal. This led to us incorporating one of their songs and dances linked with their music and tv show, for this I took the role of learning the dance so that I could teach it to the others so did this in my spare time at home, this element really helped us work as a group as we all work at different stages with dance so some helped others and so on improving our teamwork skills, and therefore using our time efficiently.

This went down well in the actual performance as was a bit of fun and represented the band well also showing one of the ways they worked well as an ensemble.

Overall our performance went well, we displayed our information in an entraining manor, so that it was still interesting for the audience, therefore as a result we worked effectively as an ensemble presenting the functions of an successful musical ensemble.







No comments:

Post a Comment