Thursday 19 January 2017

Audition File - PAB


Audition File

In this audition file I will show you my headshot as well as my chosen materials in which I would perform when required in an audition.  





This is my chosen headshot, this was taken in a shoot I took place in for a local photographer, in many head shots they prefer you not to smile but as this was for just for their shoot and could be used in my college programme so I decided to smile. 




Songs:

In auditions contrasting songs are usually the recommended option as it allows you to display your range of skills to sing a variety of genres so they see that you can perform all categories and not just a ballad or comedy singer for example.

My choice for an uplifting song is Say Goodbye by Scott Alan.

This song is all about a girl who has lost her way on her way to fame and has decided to change the way she is and be a better person saying goodbye to her old bad ways and saying hello to her new way of life and starting again. For me this song, is in my range and displays my skills but is also a slight challenge to show that I can keep progressing as a performer.


My choice song for a sad song is Im Still Hurting from The Last 5 years by Jason Robert Brown.

This song is about a women who mourning over her failed marriage of five years which need with her husband cheating on her. This one is good for me as allows me to show that I can express a more somber emotion as well as use more of my voice, using more of my head voice but both my head and chest voices. This song is more gentler than my other choice showing a contrast.


You can find my sheet music here : https://www.scribd.com/library



Monologues:

With monologues you also have to contrast but with one contemporary and one classical, to show your range of performance skills.

For my contemporary monologue I chose:

Enigma (She) - By Floyd Dell

The scene : Te woman asks the man if he even remembers when he fell in love, but goes on to certify that he didn't fall in love she did.



My classical monologue choice is :

Anthony and Cleopatra ( Cleopatra) - William Shakespeare

The Scene : Anthony has died, everything is beginning to crumble. She is preparing for her final exit of the world.






No comments:

Post a Comment