Sunday 22 January 2017

Tempest audition

For our auction we had to learn one of the given monologues from the play and then familiarise ourselves with one other from the selection.

The part I was hoping to get was Ariel, therefore I chose my learnt monologue to be the Ariel one. In this monologue, it is split up between different parts of speech y ariel within the play to make one monologue. Its split up into her/him describing how they hid the sailors and confused them all and dispersed them around the island, then they start talking to the different groups slowly getting more aggressive showing the myriad of emotions that ariel portrays in the play.

when performing the monologue i decided that i would make it quite airy and mystical as ariel is a magical sprite, using a lot of movement then voice change to portray her, i also decided to pretend that Prospero who ariel is talking to is there, miming around them.

When doing my audition, I forgot a few of the words, which put me off but I kept going until I got to my ending. I incorporated my movement ideas. As we had a short time to learn the words for the audition i had really focussed on the movement for the purpose that if i forgot so to use for dramatic pause, in the future I will find more techniques to remember the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment