Monday 30 January 2017

Show Week!! week of the 9/1/17

Show weeekkkk!!

In this week we did our four performances of We Will Rock You, on cast and off. This is what all our hard work and effort paid off for.

In the first 2 shows I was off cast this meant this in these shows i performed as a yuppie, bohemian, guard, teen queen and cop. As the first show theres always going to be a few mishaps here and there however I felt we overcame them well as a group and encouraged each other to keep in character and going whenever something occurred.

Like in the dress runs we still struggled with the quick changes. This was due to everyone being in their when world of what they were doing they were just chucking things, this then as a result meant others couldn't find what they were looking for! so this was key memo within the meetings after the first performance leading into a discussion about how we could resolves the problem at hand, after listening to one another the best idea was to create allocated sections for the different items like the wigs always go back in the box so we knew where to get them from.

I think the stress from backstage came through in our performance when people started to lack enthusiasm and energy so had to really and try and build up the ending so that we could really complete the performance to our best.

Within the evening performance and all problems were resolved people had a lot better attitude towards it creating a more lively energy among us as an ensemble. Within certain numbers people still weren't 100% on either choreography or words so a lot of us snag backstage so that it would boost the sound as well as the performers confidence within the numbers especially with the year 12s.

In this show only tiny mishaps occurred like props and late transitions. However somethings could have been avoided such as people getting the wrong timing, which caused injury for another person, this will be something which will have to be gone over before the next performance.

 Overall I feel we performed a lot stronger as an musical ensemble, working off one another to create the right energy and really performing for the audience.


--

In the next set of shows I was on cast playing Meat, this made me a lot more nervous for the shows as the guys really relied on me in my bigger scenes, a lot of the cast were really supportive on another which all gave us a positive feel about the shows.

As my role takes on part of a leadership for the bohemian numbers I felt i had a lot of responsibility to create the moods for the scenes therefore I made sure to have lots of energy to keep them all up there with me and devise the right atmosphere for the audience.

I really learnt that people take from one another so if you set the right disposition they will follow.

Energy is Key. I think throughout the two shows the energy grew with the adrenaline of having the audiences making everyone perform with 110%.

In my first show, I hurt myself due to a contact section with commander khashoggi resulting in me hitting the ground with a previous injury this made me then fall slightly behind within the next umber as couldn't work to my full potential however didn't stop, my cast mates kept me going, encouraging me to get through it. This was resulted for the second show when we changed it slightly so he didn't shove me down the stairs but just dragged me to my place, and as a result I could work more efficiently within Seven Seas of Rye without worrying others or myself. As this happened I made sure to focus a lot on character if my physical elements weren't up to 100%.

However by the last show my injury was ok, I feel that as a musical ensemble by the last run, we really worked powerfully creating a strong ensemble; even when things went wrong we contrived together to overcome those errors and making our performance even better. All of our time and effort had been used efficiently in the end, achieving all our goals and creating a audience pleasing performance. Supporting one another and listening to each other, we conquered all the queries and coming together as an successful musical ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment