Wednesday 24 May 2017

character intentions and choices for monologue

Intentions -

voice - with Helena my character for the monologue she's also quite young so I didn't feel like I needed to impose age to my voice and she wasn't royal or high status majorly so felt I didn't need to force that kind of accent but just to speak very well and educated.

movement - I feel she may move a bit within this speech, trying to persuade the counts mother more, showing how much energy she has and how passionate she is about what she is saying - " and before next high heaven, I love your so."

Choices -

Voice - My voice I made the decision to stick to my first ideas because it really work effectively but slowed it down slightly to make more of the natural shakespearean rhythm within this monologue, his also showing the thought going into what she is saying and confessing, as she has only one chance to give her speech and persuade the counts mother.

Movement - I changed my idea on this completely making sure that I stood still more and only really moved my upper body, showing that Helena was standing her ground and not backing down to the counts mother fighting for her love, being strong and independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment